Google Maps bumps iOS 6 adoption by just 0.2%
As the shortcomings of Apple Maps became more apparent, a vocal sect of iPhone owners refused to update to the new version of iOS. So, when Google Maps popped up in the App Store today, all those remaining holdouts finally jumped on board, right? Well, not quite. As TechCrunch reports, mobile ad network Chitika's figures show that iOS 6 adoption has gone up just 0.2% since Google Maps made its triumphant return.
That doesn't mean people aren't snapping up Google Maps like hotcakes; the app jetted straight to the top of the Free Apps list almost as soon as it was available. Unfortunately for Apple, it doesn't appear that the return of Google's navigation tool has done much in the way of boosting iOS 6's user base.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app