Google Maps bumps iOS 6 adoption by just 0.2%
As the shortcomings of Apple Maps became more apparent, a vocal sect of iPhone owners refused to update to the new version of iOS. So, when Google Maps popped up in the App Store today, all those remaining holdouts finally jumped on board, right? Well, not quite. As TechCrunch reports, mobile ad network Chitika's figures show that iOS 6 adoption has gone up just 0.2% since Google Maps made its triumphant return.
That doesn't mean people aren't snapping up Google Maps like hotcakes; the app jetted straight to the top of the Free Apps list almost as soon as it was available. Unfortunately for Apple, it doesn't appear that the return of Google's navigation tool has done much in the way of boosting iOS 6's user base.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter