Talkcast tonight: Navigating the new Maps landscape on iOS 6
The App Store featured a new offering this week: Google's much-anticipated native Google Maps app, bringing the full-featured navigation tool (first appearing in iPhone OS 1.1.3 back in January of 2008) back to the platform after iOS 6 replaced the original Maps app backed by Google's data with an all-Apple Maps app. We've spent some time with the new app, and we want to hear from all of you: are you switching, or sticking?
Also of note today: Apple's launch of the iPhone 5 in China garnered two million units sold in the first three days. We'll take a quick look at the global market and discuss how Apple's holiday quarter is shaping up.
The show is meant to be interactive -- so call in and interact! To participate live during the show, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, the best way to have your voice heard is to call in.
For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)