Chinese iPhone 5 sales top 2 million in first weekend
Apple announced yesterday that it has sold over 2 million iPhone 5s in China in the three days since its launch on December 14.
"Customer response to iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with the best first weekend sales ever in China," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products."
Apple did not release sales information for the other 32 new countries that debuted the iPhone 5 last weekend. China, of course, is a very important market for Apple, as it generates 15 percent of the company's sales.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options