Chinese iPhone 5 sales top 2 million in first weekend
Apple announced yesterday that it has sold over 2 million iPhone 5s in China in the three days since its launch on December 14.
"Customer response to iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with the best first weekend sales ever in China," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products."
Apple did not release sales information for the other 32 new countries that debuted the iPhone 5 last weekend. China, of course, is a very important market for Apple, as it generates 15 percent of the company's sales.
Apple announced yesterday that it has sold over 2 million iPhone 5s in China in the three days since its launch on December...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free