Chinese iPhone 5 sales top 2 million in first weekend
Apple announced yesterday that it has sold over 2 million iPhone 5s in China in the three days since its launch on December 14.
"Customer response to iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with the best first weekend sales ever in China," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products."
Apple did not release sales information for the other 32 new countries that debuted the iPhone 5 last weekend. China, of course, is a very important market for Apple, as it generates 15 percent of the company's sales.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature