Rhapsody finally spinning tunes on iPad with tablet-specific app
Rhapsody has a holiday gift for its users. The popular streaming music service has made good on its promise to deliver an iPad version of its app, which had been iPhone-only since its launch in 2009. The app is fully optimized for Apple's full-size and mini tablets, with large cover art and a full-screen music player.
The app supports AirPlay and features specific playlists for online and offline use when listening to tracks downloaded from the service. New users can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Rhapsody from within the app. After the initial period, the service runs US$9.99 a month for unrestricted streaming, allowing unlimited song downloads to one mobile device (the Premier Plus plans is $14.99/month and allows downloads to three devices).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options