eBay removing ads from its mobile apps in 2013
While you're busy making your list of New Year's resolutions, eBay has gone ahead and made one of its own. The online auction site has decided to stop displaying advertisements within its mobile apps at some point in 2013, citing its own unhappiness with the experience users are having with them.
In an interview with AllThingsD, eBay's head of global marketplaces, Devin Wenig, says that the company has decided mobile ads "just aren't worth it" and that removing them won't be a problem because eBay doesn't need the money they generate. That's due in part to the fact that, unlike other online businesses, eBay makes money off of every transaction it facilitates, not just advertising. Advertising that would, of course, only serve to get in the way while we're browsing for rare Apple products and other unique items.
While you're busy making your list of New Year's resolutions, eBay has gone ahead and made one of its own. The online auction site has...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements