Daily iPhone App: AirLink allows you to easily share your photos using your HDTV
Though you can easily send photos to your HDTV using an Apple TV, not everyone has Apple's media receiver in their living room. If you are in an Apple TV-less home and want to share your latest pics on an HDTV, all you need is two iOS devices, an AV adapter and the AirLink app from Voyager Apps.
AirLink debuted in the iOS App Store earlier this month and allows you to share photos between two iOS devices. One iOS device sits in your hand and controls your photos, while the other iOS device is connected to your television via HDMI or VGA. Launch the app on both devices, tap to launch your photos and voila! Everyone in the room can see your images.
The receiver iOS device can accept multiple connections, so more than one person with the AirLink app can share their photos using the system. The only requirements are that all the iOS devices need to be on the same WiFi network and they must have the AirLink app open on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
AirLink isn't a sophisticated presentation tool. It's meant to be a quick and easy way to share your holiday photos with friends or family. You can check it out in the iOS App Store. It's a universal app and available for US$1.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free