Temple Run was downloaded 2.5 million times on Christmas
The iPhone/iPad game Temple Run (free, universal) was downloaded more than 2.5 million times on Christmas Day. That's the word from Keith Shepard, founder of Imangi Studios, which produces the popular game.
The game, which has you running from hungry gorilla-things in an Indiana Jones-type environment, has previously topped Apple's top free apps and top grossing (in-app purchases are available). It's a fun little game that's perfect for sitting in a waiting room, riding the bus and so on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options