Man proposes to girlfriend using a fake iPad
Plenty of iPads were gifted this past week, but at least one young lady received something in an iPad box that she probably wasn't expecting. Reddit user rad_rob proposed to his girlfriend in an amazingly unique manner, swapping the Apple tablet out of a retail box with a wedding ring.
To get the weight right, the ambitious would-be groom fabricated a metal plate, complete with the big question engraved on it. He then placed the plate and ring in the box and offered it as a gift.
"I know I cried a little, and as soon as I opened the lid on the box and she saw what was inside, so did she," rad_rob posted in an update. "She immediately said yes, and threw her arms around me. I felt like a total stud." Oh, and she also got the iPad that originally came in the box. Bravo, good sir. Bravo.
This iPad box contained something a bit more valuable than a tablet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free