Man proposes to girlfriend using a fake iPad
Plenty of iPads were gifted this past week, but at least one young lady received something in an iPad box that she probably wasn't expecting. Reddit user rad_rob proposed to his girlfriend in an amazingly unique manner, swapping the Apple tablet out of a retail box with a wedding ring.
To get the weight right, the ambitious would-be groom fabricated a metal plate, complete with the big question engraved on it. He then placed the plate and ring in the box and offered it as a gift.
"I know I cried a little, and as soon as I opened the lid on the box and she saw what was inside, so did she," rad_rob posted in an update. "She immediately said yes, and threw her arms around me. I felt like a total stud." Oh, and she also got the iPad that originally came in the box. Bravo, good sir. Bravo.
This iPad box contained something a bit more valuable than a tablet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype