Man proposes to girlfriend using a fake iPad
Plenty of iPads were gifted this past week, but at least one young lady received something in an iPad box that she probably wasn't expecting. Reddit user rad_rob proposed to his girlfriend in an amazingly unique manner, swapping the Apple tablet out of a retail box with a wedding ring.
To get the weight right, the ambitious would-be groom fabricated a metal plate, complete with the big question engraved on it. He then placed the plate and ring in the box and offered it as a gift.
"I know I cried a little, and as soon as I opened the lid on the box and she saw what was inside, so did she," rad_rob posted in an update. "She immediately said yes, and threw her arms around me. I felt like a total stud." Oh, and she also got the iPad that originally came in the box. Bravo, good sir. Bravo.
This iPad box contained something a bit more valuable than a tablet.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved