Mom gives son iPhone with 18-point contract
Blogger and mother Janelle Burley Hofman gave her 13-year-old son, Gregory, an iPhone for Christmas. That's a pretty great gift. The iPhone came with a rather special accessory in the form of an 18-point contract between mother and son, which must be observed to the letter. Highlights include:
- "I will always know the password."
- "If it rings, answer it. It is a phone. Say hello, use your manners. Do not ever ignore a phone call if the screen reads 'Mom' or 'Dad'. Not ever."
- "Turn it off, silence it, put it away in public. Especially in a restaurant, at the movies or while speaking with another human being. You are not a rude person; do not allow the iPhone to change that."
I love it. As the father of a soon-to-be teenager, I'm saving this for future cribbing. My favorite bit is at the very end:
- "You will mess up. I will take away your phone. We will sit down and talk about it. We will start over again. You & I, we are always learning. I am on your team. We are in this together."
Well done, Janelle.
[Via The Next Web]
Blogger and mother Janelle Burley Hofman gave her 13-year-old son, Gregory, an iPhone for Christmas. That's a pretty great gift. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update