On the App Store tonight: Hundreds, Swing King, True Skate update and more
The holidays are now over, and developers aren't wasting any time getting back into the App Store mix. As is usual during the year on Wednesday nights, a number of new apps and updates are scheduled to hit the App Store around the world, and here's a choice selection of what will be new and available in the next 24 hours.
- Hundreds is the most notable new app this week -- it's a new game put together by Canabalt creator Adam Atomic, along with Puzzle Juice collaborator Greg Wohlwend. I've been playing it for about a week now, and I can tell you: It's just spectacular. Hundreds will be available for US$2.99.
- Chillingo's got two new games coming out: Catch the Ark is a new endless runner created by some ex-AAA developers, and Swing King is a colorful physics puzzle game that looks excellent. Both are 99 cents.
- Repulze is a racing game that's also releasing tonight on iOS. I haven't played it yet, but it looks great, and it's also going to be 99 cents.
- There are some solid updates coming tonight, too. EA's Need for Speed: Most Wanted is getting two new cars, in the form of the Pagani Zonda R and the Marussia B2. There's also new content, and seven new cars that are going to be rotated into the game week by week.
- And finally, virtual skating simulator True Skate is getting updated with a new combo system, new missions, and a new in-game currency to earn. There's a new slow-motion mode, too, that can be unlocked with the new currency or opened up for an in-app purchase.
Obviously, this isn't all of the new apps on the store, but it's a good sampling. We'll have more on these new games and others in the near future here on TUAW.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options