Samsung loses bid to seal sales data in Apple battle
Samsung has lost a bid to seal its sales data for several of its products, according to Bloomberg. Judge Lucy Koh ruled against Samsung's objection to her December 10 order that the company list the total number of certain products sold over the last several months. Which products and the exact timeframe is not known.
After the US$1.05 billion judgment against Samsung last year, it was apparent that Apple was the big financial winner in the court case that has stretched on for years now. However, Apple -- and now Samsung -- has had to publish confidential sales and inventory numbers, along with other information like prototype designs and more. As the battle between the two mobile juggernauts continues, it is becoming apparent that, with all the valuable sales and R&D information the two companies have had to disclose, the indirect big winners could be their other competition.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)