Gorilla Glass 3 panels to be 50 percent stronger, more scratch resistant
Corning, maker of the glass panels found in all iPhones and iPads, has announced the next generation of Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass 3 panels will be three times more scratch resistant, have a 50 percent increase in the panel's retained strength after a the glass becomes flawed (cracked or scratched), and offer a 40 percent reduction of visible scratches.
Gorilla Glass 3 will be shown off at CES next week. The new glass is expected to make its way into the next iteration of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Gorilla Glass has been used in every iOS device to date as well as devices from numerous competitors.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free