Gorilla Glass 3 panels to be 50 percent stronger, more scratch resistant
Corning, maker of the glass panels found in all iPhones and iPads, has announced the next generation of Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass 3 panels will be three times more scratch resistant, have a 50 percent increase in the panel's retained strength after a the glass becomes flawed (cracked or scratched), and offer a 40 percent reduction of visible scratches.
Gorilla Glass 3 will be shown off at CES next week. The new glass is expected to make its way into the next iteration of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Gorilla Glass has been used in every iOS device to date as well as devices from numerous competitors.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)