Gorilla Glass 3 panels to be 50 percent stronger, more scratch resistant
Corning, maker of the glass panels found in all iPhones and iPads, has announced the next generation of Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass 3 panels will be three times more scratch resistant, have a 50 percent increase in the panel's retained strength after a the glass becomes flawed (cracked or scratched), and offer a 40 percent reduction of visible scratches.
Gorilla Glass 3 will be shown off at CES next week. The new glass is expected to make its way into the next iteration of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Gorilla Glass has been used in every iOS device to date as well as devices from numerous competitors.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time