Gorilla Glass 3 panels to be 50 percent stronger, more scratch resistant
Corning, maker of the glass panels found in all iPhones and iPads, has announced the next generation of Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass 3 panels will be three times more scratch resistant, have a 50 percent increase in the panel's retained strength after a the glass becomes flawed (cracked or scratched), and offer a 40 percent reduction of visible scratches.
Gorilla Glass 3 will be shown off at CES next week. The new glass is expected to make its way into the next iteration of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Gorilla Glass has been used in every iOS device to date as well as devices from numerous competitors.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter