Fusion Drive now available on entry-level 21.5-inch iMacs
Over the weekend, Apple began offering the Fusion Drive as an option on the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac. The Fusion Drive is a hybrid traditional HHD/SSD combo, which allows the faster write speeds of SSDs while offering the larger storage capacity of HHDs.
Previously the Fusion Drive was only available as a BTO (built-to-order) option on the high-end Mac mini, high-end 21.5-inch iMac and the 27-inch iMac.
As with other Macs, adding a Fusion drive to the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac will set you back US$250.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration