Fusion Drive now available on entry-level 21.5-inch iMacs
Over the weekend, Apple began offering the Fusion Drive as an option on the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac. The Fusion Drive is a hybrid traditional HHD/SSD combo, which allows the faster write speeds of SSDs while offering the larger storage capacity of HHDs.
Previously the Fusion Drive was only available as a BTO (built-to-order) option on the high-end Mac mini, high-end 21.5-inch iMac and the 27-inch iMac.
As with other Macs, adding a Fusion drive to the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac will set you back US$250.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter