Fusion Drive now available on entry-level 21.5-inch iMacs
Over the weekend, Apple began offering the Fusion Drive as an option on the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac. The Fusion Drive is a hybrid traditional HHD/SSD combo, which allows the faster write speeds of SSDs while offering the larger storage capacity of HHDs.
Previously the Fusion Drive was only available as a BTO (built-to-order) option on the high-end Mac mini, high-end 21.5-inch iMac and the 27-inch iMac.
As with other Macs, adding a Fusion drive to the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac will set you back US$250.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows