Fusion Drive now available on entry-level 21.5-inch iMacs
Over the weekend, Apple began offering the Fusion Drive as an option on the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac. The Fusion Drive is a hybrid traditional HHD/SSD combo, which allows the faster write speeds of SSDs while offering the larger storage capacity of HHDs.
Previously the Fusion Drive was only available as a BTO (built-to-order) option on the high-end Mac mini, high-end 21.5-inch iMac and the 27-inch iMac.
As with other Macs, adding a Fusion drive to the entry-level 21.5-inch iMac will set you back US$250.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV