CES 2013: Scosche unveils boomBOTTLE bike speaker
Every year at CES, thousands of new products and accessories make their debut. On occasion, there's one that stands out for being completely unique and useful. Today's example is the Scosche boomBOTTLE Bluetooth speaker.
While no price or availability information has been announced, the design of the boomBOTTLE will attract bike riders of all ages. It's an outdoor speaker in a weatherproof housing that's designed to slide into a bike water bottle cage (I guess you can use a Camelbak bag for your hydration needs).
The rechargeable battery in the boomBOTTLE will last through your longest rides, providing 10 hours of sound per charge. Since it uses Bluetooth to receive music streamed from your iPhone or iPod touch, no wires are required.
As you'd expect with something that's going to be slapped onto a bike, the boomBOTTLE has a tough shock-proof TPU exterior. There are large rubberized buttons on the device for adjusting volume or skipping tracks while riding. It can also be used as a speakerphone, in case you wish to annoy your peloton partners with business calls. When it's available, you'll have your choice of dark grey, green and yellow cases with black end caps.
Scosche also announced the new, colorful lobeDOPE headphones today, as well as the RH1060 Reference Grade Bluetooth Headphones.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration