iPad would be America's 11th largest tech company
The iPad dominates in the tablet market, and according to Bernstein Research analyst Toni Sacconaghi, the tablet raked in US$32 billion in sales last year. As noted by Fortune 2.0, the iPad is so successful that it would rank as the 11th largest tech company in the US, if Apple spun off the iPad into its own company. The iPad as a company would even make it into the Fortune 500, climbing to the 98th spot above No. 107 McDonalds and No. 136 Nike.
Sacconaghi believes the iPad will continue to grow over the next few years with sales as high as $46 billion in 2013. Sales will start to slow in 2015 and beyond because of market saturation. By then, everyone and their brother will have an iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service