iPhone 5 comes to Walmart's prepaid Straight Talk plans Jan. 11
Giga-retailer Walmart made waves this holiday season by offering the iPhone 5 for well below its suggested retail price. Now it's going to start offering Apple's top-of-the-line smartphone unlocked and on prepaid Straight Talk plans beginning January 11.
The iPhone 5 will cost US$649 in a 16 GB configuration -- or the same price of the phone from Apple, unlocked. Walmart will also sell an unlocked iPhone 4 8 GB for $449. Customers will be able to use either phone on a Straight Talk unlimited voice, text and data plan for $45 per month, with unlimited international calling added in a $60 per month plan.
To coincide with the deal's rollout, Walmart will offer customers an option to pay for their handset on a promotional $25 per month financing plan. All prices will be good online and in retail stores.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync