Ars publishes old-school iTunes image gallery
In honor of the 12th birthday of iTunes, Ars Technica Senior Apple Editor Jacqui Cheng has published a photographic family tree of sorts showing the app (and its predecessor SoundJam) through its various incarnations.
It's an amazing trip down memory lane and demonstrates how even how the iTunes 11 MiniPlayer owes a bit of its design to the SoundJam app of pre-OS X days.
What was the first version of iTunes you remember using? I managed to hold out until iTunes 2, which I used with my first iPod. Leave your favorite (or least-favorite) iTunes memory in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature