Exposing Kevin Russ, 'the iPhone's Ansel Adams'
The Atlantic has an article up about Kevin Russ, a prolific and popular nature photographer who has amassed a significant following with his haunting photos of the American West. While the content of Russ's still-life snaps has garnered much attention, so has his camera of choice: the iPhone. The photographer says he prefers the phone because it allows him to snap, edit and shoot on one device.
Russ takes all his shots using his iPhone 5, mostly in the default Camera app before importing them into apps including VSCO Cam and Afterglo for editing. He then shares the pictures on Instagram -- where he has some 13,000 followers -- and via his Tumblr. Videographer Max Monty has created an interview with Russ, where the photographer explains his process, and released it via Vimeo.
The Atlantic has an article up about Kevin Russ, a prolific and popular nature photographer who has amassed a significant following...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client