Verizon announces 9.8 million smartphone activations, more iPhones
Earlier this week. AT&T announced it had activated 10 million smartphones in the holiday quarter. Not to be outdone, Verizon chimed in with own figures in an SEC filing that suggests it activated 9.8 million smartphones during the last three months of the year.
Though Verizon has an Android-dominated lineup of smartphones, the carrier did say it activated a "higher mix of Apple smartphones" this time around. This boost is likely due to the iPhone 5 which hit retail shelves in the second half of 2012 and a price-reduced iPhone 4S.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service