Verizon announces 9.8 million smartphone activations, more iPhones
Earlier this week. AT&T announced it had activated 10 million smartphones in the holiday quarter. Not to be outdone, Verizon chimed in with own figures in an SEC filing that suggests it activated 9.8 million smartphones during the last three months of the year.
Though Verizon has an Android-dominated lineup of smartphones, the carrier did say it activated a "higher mix of Apple smartphones" this time around. This boost is likely due to the iPhone 5 which hit retail shelves in the second half of 2012 and a price-reduced iPhone 4S.
Earlier this week. AT&T announced it had activated 10 million smartphones in the holiday quarter. Not to be outdone, Verizon...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free