Verizon announces 9.8 million smartphone activations, more iPhones
Earlier this week. AT&T announced it had activated 10 million smartphones in the holiday quarter. Not to be outdone, Verizon chimed in with own figures in an SEC filing that suggests it activated 9.8 million smartphones during the last three months of the year.
Though Verizon has an Android-dominated lineup of smartphones, the carrier did say it activated a "higher mix of Apple smartphones" this time around. This boost is likely due to the iPhone 5 which hit retail shelves in the second half of 2012 and a price-reduced iPhone 4S.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration