Giant iPhone in St. Petersburg is tribute to Steve Jobs
A giant iPhone installation was revealed in St. Petersburg, Russia today in honor of the late Steve Jobs. Designed by St. Petersburg native Gleb Tarasov, the larger-than-life iPhone is an imitation of a black, "late model" version of Apple's iconic device, according to RIA Novosti. There's no giant touch screen, but the iPhone does feature a display that showcases a slideshow and video of Jobs' life.
The giant iPhone is located in the courtyard of the St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics. The Progress IT Fund launched a competition last year to select a designer for the monument. Gleb Tarasov's design was chosen out of over 200 entrants.
The giant iPhone installation is entitled "Sunny QR Code" because there's a massive QR code on the back that onlookers can scan to be taken to a website commemorating Steve Jobs.
Image Credit: RIA Novosti
A giant iPhone installation was revealed in St. Petersburg, Russia today in honor of the late Steve Jobs. Designed by St. Petersburg...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved