Tim Cook: cellular iPad to hit China in January
Tim Cook is visiting China this week, and confirmed that the cellular version of Apple's iPad mini will become available in January while talking with Chinese reporters. Cook also noted that the country's approval process prolongs release schedules, and that's something Apple is working to improve.
Cook also said that he has plans for 25 Apple Stores in China. There are currently eight up and running on the mainland. During his stay, Tim Cook and Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller visited an authorized Apple reseller, and Cook met with representatives of China Mobile and the country's government. He famously toured a Foxconn plant last March.
Tim Cook is visiting China this week, and confirmed that the cellular version of Apple's iPad mini will become available in January...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs