Tim Cook: cellular iPad to hit China in January
Tim Cook is visiting China this week, and confirmed that the cellular version of Apple's iPad mini will become available in January while talking with Chinese reporters. Cook also noted that the country's approval process prolongs release schedules, and that's something Apple is working to improve.
Cook also said that he has plans for 25 Apple Stores in China. There are currently eight up and running on the mainland. During his stay, Tim Cook and Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller visited an authorized Apple reseller, and Cook met with representatives of China Mobile and the country's government. He famously toured a Foxconn plant last March.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows