Tim Cook: cellular iPad to hit China in January
Tim Cook is visiting China this week, and confirmed that the cellular version of Apple's iPad mini will become available in January while talking with Chinese reporters. Cook also noted that the country's approval process prolongs release schedules, and that's something Apple is working to improve.
Cook also said that he has plans for 25 Apple Stores in China. There are currently eight up and running on the mainland. During his stay, Tim Cook and Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller visited an authorized Apple reseller, and Cook met with representatives of China Mobile and the country's government. He famously toured a Foxconn plant last March.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV