Tim Cook meets with China Mobile
Sina Technology sat down with Tim Cook while he was in China and talked about Apple's growing presence in the Asian country.
Not surprisingly, Cook fielded a question about China Mobile, the world's largest wireless carrier and the only major Chinese carrier to not sell the iPhone. Cook confirmed he met with China Mobile in the last few days, but was not at liberty to discuss what was said between the two companies.
With more than 700 million subscribers and a network that covers more than 97 percent of the Chinese population, China Mobile is the holy grail for handset manufacturers. Unfortunately, the 3G technology it uses is not compatible with older models of the iPhone. If China Mobile does get the iPhone 5, it will likely run on China Mobile's growing 4G LTE network.
Sina Technology sat down with Tim Cook while he was in China and talked about Apple's growing presence in the Asian country. Not...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update