Tim Cook meets with China Mobile
Sina Technology sat down with Tim Cook while he was in China and talked about Apple's growing presence in the Asian country.
Not surprisingly, Cook fielded a question about China Mobile, the world's largest wireless carrier and the only major Chinese carrier to not sell the iPhone. Cook confirmed he met with China Mobile in the last few days, but was not at liberty to discuss what was said between the two companies.
With more than 700 million subscribers and a network that covers more than 97 percent of the Chinese population, China Mobile is the holy grail for handset manufacturers. Unfortunately, the 3G technology it uses is not compatible with older models of the iPhone. If China Mobile does get the iPhone 5, it will likely run on China Mobile's growing 4G LTE network.
Sina Technology sat down with Tim Cook while he was in China and talked about Apple's growing presence in the Asian country. Not...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station