Best of Manet is a creative iOS tribute to the master
Edouard Manet (1832-1883) was one of the great 19th century painters. (He's not to be confused with impressionist Claude Monet.) Manet was controversial, and stood at the crossroads of the transition from realism to impressionism.
Happily, there's a just-released collection of the best of Manet in a universal app for iOS called, appropriately, Best of Manet.
The app has 60 paintings that display nicely full screen. A keyword search will quickly bring a painting up full screen, and you can create a slideshow of Manet's work with music from your own collection. The app contains details of each painting, and where the works currently reside.
Artwork can be mailed, or shared on Facebook, and you can save a painting to Photostream. All the paintings are contained inside the app, so you won't need a data connection. The app is a 38 megabyte download.
I like the addition of slideshows and music to this app, features missing from Uffizi Touch which also covers some iconic artwork.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)