Best of Manet is a creative iOS tribute to the master
Edouard Manet (1832-1883) was one of the great 19th century painters. (He's not to be confused with impressionist Claude Monet.) Manet was controversial, and stood at the crossroads of the transition from realism to impressionism.
Happily, there's a just-released collection of the best of Manet in a universal app for iOS called, appropriately, Best of Manet.
The app has 60 paintings that display nicely full screen. A keyword search will quickly bring a painting up full screen, and you can create a slideshow of Manet's work with music from your own collection. The app contains details of each painting, and where the works currently reside.
Artwork can be mailed, or shared on Facebook, and you can save a painting to Photostream. All the paintings are contained inside the app, so you won't need a data connection. The app is a 38 megabyte download.
I like the addition of slideshows and music to this app, features missing from Uffizi Touch which also covers some iconic artwork.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter