Harvard Medical School content to be part of HeartDecide
Orca Health's HeartDecide app is now powered by data from Harvard Medical School, thanks to a newly formed partnership. As AllThingsD reports, the new union has already yielded a wealth of new content for iOS devices.
The app, which is designed to help educate users, is offered free of charge. A litany of heart ailments can be simulated using the app's 3D heart model, including rheumatic heart disease, atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease. You can also use the app's directory to find heart specialists and browse tips on staying healthy.
The partnership between Orca and Harvard doesn't end there; A total of four iBooks from the pair are also now available covering various topics -- angina, angioplasty, atherosclerosis and cardiac catheterization -- in greater depth. However, unlike the free app, these interactive tomes will set you back US$4.99 each.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync