Angry Birds Rio free for a limited time on iPhone and iPad
If there's one thing that could draw a bit of attention away from yesterday's surprise launch of Temple Run 2, it's a can't-miss deal on an Angry Birds game. In this case, it's news that both the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad versions of Angry Birds Rio -- the mash-up of Rovio's hit fowl-flinging title and Fox's 2011 CG-animated flick Rio -- are now free as the App Store's App of the Week promotion. They're normally US$0.99 and $2.99, respectively.
Angry Birds Rio deviates from the core series a bit by seeing you saving animals from cages, rather than bringing architecture down on top of evil pigs. It also boasts a power-up system to make things a little more interesting via abilities such as laser targeting and super-sized birds.
The free offer's only for a week, so get the game while it's hot -- or end up angry.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync