New Hearst magazine issues will debut first on Apple's Newsstand
The support for iPad versions of traditional print publications might not have been enough to save The Daily from extinction, but magazine publisher Hearst isn't ready to throw the towel in just yet. In fact, quite the contrary: The Loop reports that the company is pushing an all-new initiative to heighten its digital subscriber base by promising to publish new issues of 20 different magazines on iPad before print.
Hearst's offerings include publications such as Car and Driver, Popular Mechanics, Redbook, Cosmopolitan and Good Housekeeping, just to name a few. You can browse all the magazines offering early issues on a dedicated page on Apple's Newsstand within iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV