Rolling Stone magazine hits Apple Newstand
Music fans can now subscribe to an iPad version of Rolling Stone magazine through the iOS Newsstand app. That magazine has been available through Zinio for a while, but the new version is optimized for the iPad with music-specific features.
The magazine costs US$19.99 for a full-year subscription, and a monthly recurring subscription runs $1.99 an issue. If you're not sure you want to subscribe but still want to take a look at an issue, that'll set you back $4.99.
The iPad version has full iTunes integration, so songs or albums described in the magazine have direct links for music samples and purchasing the music.
Do current Rolling Stone subscribers get a freebie for the Newsstand version? Nope, they'll have to pay for the electronic version in addition to the print edition. Also note that you won't be able to view the magazine on the iPhone or iPod touch -- Rolling Stone gathers only iPads right now.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time