Rolling Stone magazine hits Apple Newstand
Music fans can now subscribe to an iPad version of Rolling Stone magazine through the iOS Newsstand app. That magazine has been available through Zinio for a while, but the new version is optimized for the iPad with music-specific features.
The magazine costs US$19.99 for a full-year subscription, and a monthly recurring subscription runs $1.99 an issue. If you're not sure you want to subscribe but still want to take a look at an issue, that'll set you back $4.99.
The iPad version has full iTunes integration, so songs or albums described in the magazine have direct links for music samples and purchasing the music.
Do current Rolling Stone subscribers get a freebie for the Newsstand version? Nope, they'll have to pay for the electronic version in addition to the print edition. Also note that you won't be able to view the magazine on the iPhone or iPod touch -- Rolling Stone gathers only iPads right now.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter