Sprint to offer Total Equipment Protection for iPhone starting January 25
If you're a Sprint customer with an iPhone, it appears as though you'll soon get the opportunity to insure your device using the company's Total Equipment Protection program. Engadget reports that an anonymous tipster has provided internal documentation pointing to a January 25 launch date for the new add-on option.
If this information indeed pans out, customers will have the opportunity to add the protection plan to their accounts for US$11 a month. However, the monthly fee won't completely cover the cost of a new iPhone should your device meet an untimely end; There will be two deductible tiers based on the cost of the device itself. A $150 deductible will be applied for iPhones ranging from $549.99 to $599.99, and a $200 fee is applied for phones priced above $600.
Sprint customers may soon get additional iPhone protection.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client