Sprint to offer Total Equipment Protection for iPhone starting January 25
If you're a Sprint customer with an iPhone, it appears as though you'll soon get the opportunity to insure your device using the company's Total Equipment Protection program. Engadget reports that an anonymous tipster has provided internal documentation pointing to a January 25 launch date for the new add-on option.
If this information indeed pans out, customers will have the opportunity to add the protection plan to their accounts for US$11 a month. However, the monthly fee won't completely cover the cost of a new iPhone should your device meet an untimely end; There will be two deductible tiers based on the cost of the device itself. A $150 deductible will be applied for iPhones ranging from $549.99 to $599.99, and a $200 fee is applied for phones priced above $600.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV