Sprint to offer Total Equipment Protection for iPhone starting January 25
If you're a Sprint customer with an iPhone, it appears as though you'll soon get the opportunity to insure your device using the company's Total Equipment Protection program. Engadget reports that an anonymous tipster has provided internal documentation pointing to a January 25 launch date for the new add-on option.
If this information indeed pans out, customers will have the opportunity to add the protection plan to their accounts for US$11 a month. However, the monthly fee won't completely cover the cost of a new iPhone should your device meet an untimely end; There will be two deductible tiers based on the cost of the device itself. A $150 deductible will be applied for iPhones ranging from $549.99 to $599.99, and a $200 fee is applied for phones priced above $600.
Sprint customers may soon get additional iPhone protection.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free