Temple Run 2 racks up 20 million downloads in less than a week
Imangi Studios has struck gold with Temple Run 2. The developer's latest iOS endless running game has been downloaded more than 20 million times since its release just four days ago. In fact, 6 million of those installs took place within 24 hours of launch on January 17. The free game's success isn't totally surprising given the immense popularity of its predecessor, which was downloaded 2.5 million times on Christmas Day alone.
We've been having a lot of fun with the game -- it's pretty hard to put down, frankly -- and according to Imangi's co-founder Keith Shepherd there will be some reasons to keep playing well into the future. In our interview with Shepherd last week, he revealed that the company plans to add new content to Temple Run 2 down the road as it continues to work on its next, as yet unannounced iOS game.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)