iPhone number one in Japan for the holiday season
We already know Apple's hardware was a hit in China during the last part of 2012, and new data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech shows that Japan felt the same way, at least when it comes to the iPhone. According to the firm's most recent data from the end of 2012, the iPhone holds an astonishing two-thirds of the Japanese smartphone market.
Kantar's figures also show that Windows Phone is beginning to gain a foothold in Europe, but it remains far behind iOS and Android in the US and China. Android remained in first place on a global scale, though iOS does currently hold the crown in the states and Japan.
[Via: The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features