Verizon sees 3.1M LTE iPhone activations in Q4
Verizon Wireless announced its quarterly earnings for the last three months of 2012, and it was a strong quarter for iPhone sales. The carrier confirmed that it activated 6.2 million iPhones, which is double the amount that Verizon activated in Q3 2012.
Half of these iPhones were the LTE-enabled iPhone 5, while the other half were older iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S models. iPhones were the dominant smartphones on Verizon, accounting for more than 60 percent of the 9.8 million smartphones Verizon activated in the quarter.
Analysts are predicting a less-than-stellar earnings report from Apple, but these numbers from Verizon bode well for iPhone sales in the quarter. Apple will announce its quarterly earnings on Wednesday, January 23 and will hold a conference call starting at 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app