Apple to add 36 new LTE carriers
According to an announcement made by Apple CEO Tim Cook during yesterday's Q1 2013 earnings call, next week will be an auspicious one for users of iOS devices that support the fast LTE mobile data standard. During the week, 36 wireless carriers worldwide will be added to the 24 already providing LTE support for the iPhone 5, third- and fourth-generation iPad and iPad mini.
Those carriers, according to Cook, are in "countries that were previously not supporting LTE." The rollout will provide LTE service to over 300 million subscribers in Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, several Middle Eastern countries and more.
Up until this time, owners of iOS devices supporting the LTE standard have not been able to take advantage of the fast connection speeds. The news may provide solace to Wall Street analysts, who were concerned that support for iPhone LTE coverage had been slow in coming.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client