Simplenote acquired by Automattic, makers of WordPress
Popular Mac and iOS note-taking app Simplenote has a new owner. Simperium, the company behind it, is now a part of Automattic, the creator of WordPress. In a blog post on the app's new site, Simperium co-founders Michael Johnston and Fred Cheng announced the sale and talked a bit about what it means for the future of Simplenote.
According to Johnston and Cheng, Automattic plans to put more resources behind Simplenote development including improvements to Simperium, the data-syncing service it utilizes. Automattic was able to secure the Simplenote.com domain and has set up a new blog there -- utilizing WordPress, of course -- to keep users updated on exactly what to expect from forthcoming releases.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service