Simplenote acquired by Automattic, makers of WordPress
Popular Mac and iOS note-taking app Simplenote has a new owner. Simperium, the company behind it, is now a part of Automattic, the creator of WordPress. In a blog post on the app's new site, Simperium co-founders Michael Johnston and Fred Cheng announced the sale and talked a bit about what it means for the future of Simplenote.
According to Johnston and Cheng, Automattic plans to put more resources behind Simplenote development including improvements to Simperium, the data-syncing service it utilizes. Automattic was able to secure the Simplenote.com domain and has set up a new blog there -- utilizing WordPress, of course -- to keep users updated on exactly what to expect from forthcoming releases.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration