Trade commission decides not to ban Samsung devices in the U.S. before further review
Late last year, International Trade Commission Judge Thomas Pender recommended that the commission ban the sale of certain Samsung smartphones found to have infringed on Apple patents. But now, Reuters reports that rather than move forward with a full ITC review of the ruling which could result in a product ban, the commission has asked the judge to take a second look at the patents in question before moving forward.
Apple, of course, would consider a ban on the infringing products -- including the Acclaim, Intercept, Indulge, and Transform smartphones -- a win. However, it appears that the company will just have to wait and see if the judge's original feelings remain the same as he reviews the case yet again.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app