Trade commission decides not to ban Samsung devices in the U.S. before further review
Late last year, International Trade Commission Judge Thomas Pender recommended that the commission ban the sale of certain Samsung smartphones found to have infringed on Apple patents. But now, Reuters reports that rather than move forward with a full ITC review of the ruling which could result in a product ban, the commission has asked the judge to take a second look at the patents in question before moving forward.
Apple, of course, would consider a ban on the infringing products -- including the Acclaim, Intercept, Indulge, and Transform smartphones -- a win. However, it appears that the company will just have to wait and see if the judge's original feelings remain the same as he reviews the case yet again.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync