Trade commission decides not to ban Samsung devices in the U.S. before further review
Late last year, International Trade Commission Judge Thomas Pender recommended that the commission ban the sale of certain Samsung smartphones found to have infringed on Apple patents. But now, Reuters reports that rather than move forward with a full ITC review of the ruling which could result in a product ban, the commission has asked the judge to take a second look at the patents in question before moving forward.
Apple, of course, would consider a ban on the infringing products -- including the Acclaim, Intercept, Indulge, and Transform smartphones -- a win. However, it appears that the company will just have to wait and see if the judge's original feelings remain the same as he reviews the case yet again.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration