H.265 video gets ITU approval
Web and mobile video will soon get a boost thanks to H.265, a new video codec recently approved by the ITU. H.265, known as High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), will deliver high-resolution video with half the bit rate of its predecessor, H.264.
More than 80 percent of web video is now encoded with H.264, and the standard is supported by most technology companies including Apple. The ITU expects companies to start phasing-in support for H.265 in their next generation products and some companies, like Broadcom and Ericsson, have already showcased the technology.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved