500px returns to the App Store
The embattled photo sharing service 500px has returned to the App Store after being pulled last week due to concerns over adult content. The app carries the same 17+ age rating that all internet-capable apps are required to carry, but now features a new reporting feature to quickly flag inappropriate content for removal. But as TechCrunch points out, the app still features a separate section for nude photography, as long as you're logged in.
Perhaps Apple was so distracted by Vine's recent promotion of graphic sexual content that 500px managed to slip under the radar. Or maybe the company just realized that you can find as much pornography as you want using its own Safari mobile browser, and by comparison 500px is on the mild side. Either way, it's back, and can be downloaded once again for free from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app