Google Drive for iOS adds Quickoffice support, multiple photo uploads
Google has issued an update to its free Google Drive app for iPhone and iPad that adds some welcome new features and tweaks some existing ones. Version 1.2.2 of Google Drive brings a welcome enhancement for iOS shutterbugs in the form of the ability to upload more than one photo at a time, and Quickoffice users will find that they can open and save documents created with that app.
Other more minor enhancements include a new font (Helvetica Neue) for Docs, diagonal scrolling and cell formatting options in Sheets and better animations/transitions in Slides. The latter has also gained the option to use pinch to zoom when creating and editing slides.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter