Yahoo's Flickr iOS app sees renewed popularity following redesign and Instagram woes
In the wake of Instagram's recent woes and aided by a well-received redesign, Yahoo saw use of its Flickr iOS app jump by a whopping 25 percent. As TNW reports, the update was definitely catered to Instagram expatriates, adding more than a dozen photo filters as well as the ability to use Facebook credentials to log into the service.
The updated Flickr app is just part of Yahoo's recent mobile push, and the company has aggressively targeted iOS users in its strategy. Last year, Yahoo launched its Axis mobile browser as well as a native Yahoo Mail app, both of which have helped set up a very mobile-centric 2013 for the company.
Yahoo scores big with Flickr revamp.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free