Yahoo's Flickr iOS app sees renewed popularity following redesign and Instagram woes
In the wake of Instagram's recent woes and aided by a well-received redesign, Yahoo saw use of its Flickr iOS app jump by a whopping 25 percent. As TNW reports, the update was definitely catered to Instagram expatriates, adding more than a dozen photo filters as well as the ability to use Facebook credentials to log into the service.
The updated Flickr app is just part of Yahoo's recent mobile push, and the company has aggressively targeted iOS users in its strategy. Last year, Yahoo launched its Axis mobile browser as well as a native Yahoo Mail app, both of which have helped set up a very mobile-centric 2013 for the company.
Yahoo scores big with Flickr revamp.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements