Yahoo's Flickr iOS app sees renewed popularity following redesign and Instagram woes
In the wake of Instagram's recent woes and aided by a well-received redesign, Yahoo saw use of its Flickr iOS app jump by a whopping 25 percent. As TNW reports, the update was definitely catered to Instagram expatriates, adding more than a dozen photo filters as well as the ability to use Facebook credentials to log into the service.
The updated Flickr app is just part of Yahoo's recent mobile push, and the company has aggressively targeted iOS users in its strategy. Last year, Yahoo launched its Axis mobile browser as well as a native Yahoo Mail app, both of which have helped set up a very mobile-centric 2013 for the company.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter