Yahoo's Flickr iOS app sees renewed popularity following redesign and Instagram woes
In the wake of Instagram's recent woes and aided by a well-received redesign, Yahoo saw use of its Flickr iOS app jump by a whopping 25 percent. As TNW reports, the update was definitely catered to Instagram expatriates, adding more than a dozen photo filters as well as the ability to use Facebook credentials to log into the service.
The updated Flickr app is just part of Yahoo's recent mobile push, and the company has aggressively targeted iOS users in its strategy. Last year, Yahoo launched its Axis mobile browser as well as a native Yahoo Mail app, both of which have helped set up a very mobile-centric 2013 for the company.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)