Judge Koh: Samsung did not willingly infringe Apple's patents
Judge Lucy Koh closed a chapter in the ongoing litigation between Apple and Samsung by issuing three orders in the case. These rulings pave the way for an appeal.
According to a report in Ars Technica, Koh determined that Samsung's infringement was not willful and ruled that damage awards won't be tripled. The judge sided with Samsung, which argued that it didn't believe it was in the wrong.
Koh also shut down Samsung's attempts to declare Apple's design patents invalid and didn't agree with Samsung's assertion that the trial was "manifestly unfair." Koh also denied Apple's request for additional damages.
You can read a full analysis of the orders on Ars Technica's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)