Apple fails to get Galaxy Nexus sales ban reinstated
After the US Court of Appeals reversed a proposed sales ban on Samsung's Galaxy Nexus this past October, Apple requested that the ban be reconsidered. The request was a long shot and it didn't swing in Cupertino's favor, as Reuters reports that the ban has been shot down by the court yet again.
The initial ruling to ban sales of the Galaxy Nexus came just prior to the courtroom battle that ended in a $1.05 billion verdict against Samsung. In October 2012, the Court of Appeals sided with Samsung, stating that the feature at the center of this particular legal skirmish -- a device-wide search function -- did not "drive demand" of the device, and therefore wasn't important enough to lead to a sales ban.
[Via: The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter