Apple fails to get Galaxy Nexus sales ban reinstated
After the US Court of Appeals reversed a proposed sales ban on Samsung's Galaxy Nexus this past October, Apple requested that the ban be reconsidered. The request was a long shot and it didn't swing in Cupertino's favor, as Reuters reports that the ban has been shot down by the court yet again.
The initial ruling to ban sales of the Galaxy Nexus came just prior to the courtroom battle that ended in a $1.05 billion verdict against Samsung. In October 2012, the Court of Appeals sided with Samsung, stating that the feature at the center of this particular legal skirmish -- a device-wide search function -- did not "drive demand" of the device, and therefore wasn't important enough to lead to a sales ban.
[Via: The Verge]
Galaxy Nexus won't be banned from sale.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free