Starfish shows off prototype of smartwatch at Macworld/iWorld 2013
One of the more anticipated "products" at Macworld/iWorld 2013 was the Starfish smart watch: an iPhone and Android-compatible watch that eventually will be capable of receiving incoming calls, texts, email, stock market updates and more -- or so the vendor claims. Does that sound familiar?
Mentions of the Starfish watch first emerged last fall with an ad in iPhone Life. Pocketables detailed the initial accounts of the watch, billed as a device that would mirror your iOS device onto the tiny watch. The prototype that I saw today didn't do that much; it just accepts incoming calls. But, it was hooked up to an Android and an iOS device.
Check out the video of the prototype in action. CEO Jason Buzi said that the Kickstarter, initially planned for last fall, will start in a couple of weeks. Eventually the product is planned to cost $169.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs