iPhone 5 jailbreak release expected very soon (Updated: Jailbreak now available)
Last night while the US was watching football, the evad3rs jailbreak team was putting the final touches on its untethered iOS 6.1 jailbreak. Early speculation suggested the tool would be released during Sunday's Super Bowl, but the evad3rs dispelled that myth with a tweet that officially announced the jailbreak would be made available on February 4th.
The evasi0n website has a status bar that is counting down the time to the jailbreak launch. According to Redmond Pie, the timer is decreasing in 0.0045 percent increments every 30 seconds. Some not-so-fancy math hints at a noon ET release (9 AM PT) for the evasi0n jailbreak tool.
[Via Redmond Pie]
Updated: The jailbreak is now live on evasi0n's website!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)