iPhone 5 jailbreak release expected very soon (Updated: Jailbreak now available)
Last night while the US was watching football, the evad3rs jailbreak team was putting the final touches on its untethered iOS 6.1 jailbreak. Early speculation suggested the tool would be released during Sunday's Super Bowl, but the evad3rs dispelled that myth with a tweet that officially announced the jailbreak would be made available on February 4th.
The evasi0n website has a status bar that is counting down the time to the jailbreak launch. According to Redmond Pie, the timer is decreasing in 0.0045 percent increments every 30 seconds. Some not-so-fancy math hints at a noon ET release (9 AM PT) for the evasi0n jailbreak tool.
[Via Redmond Pie]
Updated: The jailbreak is now live on evasi0n's website!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client