Sega's After Burner Climax flying over to iOS
After Burner Climax is a 2006 update of the popular old-school arcade game. It arrived in arcades upon first release and was later ported over to Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.
Now, Sega has announced it's bringing the game to iOS. There's no release date yet, as Sega has simply said that the game is "on the way." When it does arrive, iOS users will be able to pull off all of the high-flying action and bombing runs that After Burner Climax has to offer.
It's exciting to see a game like this get ported -- retro games are one thing, but as Apple's devices get more and more powerful, we can see games that were traditionally meant for high-end consoles (or even dedicated arcade game units) show up on our iPhones and iPads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype