Sega's After Burner Climax flying over to iOS
After Burner Climax is a 2006 update of the popular old-school arcade game. It arrived in arcades upon first release and was later ported over to Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.
Now, Sega has announced it's bringing the game to iOS. There's no release date yet, as Sega has simply said that the game is "on the way." When it does arrive, iOS users will be able to pull off all of the high-flying action and bombing runs that After Burner Climax has to offer.
It's exciting to see a game like this get ported -- retro games are one thing, but as Apple's devices get more and more powerful, we can see games that were traditionally meant for high-end consoles (or even dedicated arcade game units) show up on our iPhones and iPads.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client