The AutoMee is a tiny robot that cleans your iPad screen
If you've given up on life to the extent that wiping your own iPad or iPhone screen is simply too much effort, you'll be happy to hear that there's now a robot dedicated to just that task. Called the AutoMee S, it's similar in appearance to one of iRobot's Roomba floor-cleaning automatons, although obviously much smaller. Coming to Japan on March 28 from toy maven Takara Tomy, it's also considerably cheaper.
Costing 1,575 yen (US$17), the AutoMee is a mere 2.75 inches across and runs on one AA battery. The minuscule bot's underside is adorned with two motorized, replaceable cleaning discs, so it's not simply dragging a cleaning cloth around and it's "smart" enough to recognize the edges of your device and do an about-face so as not to drive off.
Its novelty cleaning process takes about eight minutes for an iPad, or approximately seven minutes and 55 seconds longer than an old-fashioned cloth. Then again, you'll have more time to spend doing something more important, like pondering how your life got to this point.
If you've given up on life to the extent that wiping your own iPad or iPhone screen is simply too much effort, you'll be happy to hear...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time