Kindle ad takes on iPad head-on
Amazon's latest Kindle Fire HD commercial takes a swipe at Apple's iPad by claiming the less expensive Fire HD is as good as the iPad. The ad compares the screens on the two devices and points out they both have stunning HD displays. Amazon concludes that the Fire HD is so good that the only place people will notice a difference is their wallet.
On paper, though, it's a different story. The iPad edges out the Kindle HD with a 9.7-inch display that has a pixel density of 264 ppi. The Kindle Fire is smaller at 8.9-inches and has a lower pixel density of 254 ppi.
Amazon's latest Kindle Fire HD commercial takes a swipe at Apple's iPad by claiming the less expensive Fire HD is as good as the iPad....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update