Kindle ad takes on iPad head-on
Amazon's latest Kindle Fire HD commercial takes a swipe at Apple's iPad by claiming the less expensive Fire HD is as good as the iPad. The ad compares the screens on the two devices and points out they both have stunning HD displays. Amazon concludes that the Fire HD is so good that the only place people will notice a difference is their wallet.
On paper, though, it's a different story. The iPad edges out the Kindle HD with a 9.7-inch display that has a pixel density of 264 ppi. The Kindle Fire is smaller at 8.9-inches and has a lower pixel density of 254 ppi.
Amazon's latest Kindle Fire HD commercial takes a swipe at Apple's iPad by claiming the less expensive Fire HD is as good as the iPad....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free