Vine app gets 17+ age rating
A recent update to the Twitter-owned Vine app for iPhone bears at 17+ age rating. The update, version 1.5, doesn't mention the change in its release notes, but users downloading the app will see a pop-up message noting that Vine may contain age-restricted material.
This is no doubt a response to a brief pornographic video somehow being presented as a Vine editor's choice last month, shocking many users.
Vine lets you create and share 6-second video clips. In my experience they're kind of jarring, but in the right hands, perhaps someone can create something beautiful.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options