First iOS 6.1.1 beta doesn't interfere with evasi0n jailbreak
If you've jailbroken your iOS device running version 6.1 of Apple's mobile software, it doesn't appear that your heart will be broken by the upcoming 6.1.1 release -- at least not yet. Ars Technica reports that folks with access to the iOS 6.1.1 beta have been able to successfully install it on jailbroken devices without the jailbreak being, er, broken.
Now, it's worth noting that Apple has just released the first of what could be several betas of 6.1.1 and did so very close to Monday's launch of the evasi0n jailbreak. It could simply be a case of the company not having a "fix" for the jailbreak in place in this beta, and that it intends to patch it into oblivion in a subsequent 6.1.1 beta. Still, at least for now jailbreakers can breathe a sigh of relief. We'll let you know when it's time to change it to one of disappointment.
If you've jailbroken your iOS device running version 6.1 of Apple's mobile software, it doesn't appear that your heart will be broken by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free