First iOS 6.1.1 beta doesn't interfere with evasi0n jailbreak
If you've jailbroken your iOS device running version 6.1 of Apple's mobile software, it doesn't appear that your heart will be broken by the upcoming 6.1.1 release -- at least not yet. Ars Technica reports that folks with access to the iOS 6.1.1 beta have been able to successfully install it on jailbroken devices without the jailbreak being, er, broken.
Now, it's worth noting that Apple has just released the first of what could be several betas of 6.1.1 and did so very close to Monday's launch of the evasi0n jailbreak. It could simply be a case of the company not having a "fix" for the jailbreak in place in this beta, and that it intends to patch it into oblivion in a subsequent 6.1.1 beta. Still, at least for now jailbreakers can breathe a sigh of relief. We'll let you know when it's time to change it to one of disappointment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs