First iOS 6.1.1 beta doesn't interfere with evasi0n jailbreak
If you've jailbroken your iOS device running version 6.1 of Apple's mobile software, it doesn't appear that your heart will be broken by the upcoming 6.1.1 release -- at least not yet. Ars Technica reports that folks with access to the iOS 6.1.1 beta have been able to successfully install it on jailbroken devices without the jailbreak being, er, broken.
Now, it's worth noting that Apple has just released the first of what could be several betas of 6.1.1 and did so very close to Monday's launch of the evasi0n jailbreak. It could simply be a case of the company not having a "fix" for the jailbreak in place in this beta, and that it intends to patch it into oblivion in a subsequent 6.1.1 beta. Still, at least for now jailbreakers can breathe a sigh of relief. We'll let you know when it's time to change it to one of disappointment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)