Sprint sold best-ever 2.2M iPhones in holiday quarter
Sprint has announced its fourth-quarter earnings for 2012, which included the sale of 2.2 million iPhones. A full 38 percent of those went to new customers. Overall, Sprint sold 6.6 million iPhones in 2012, which isn't too shabby.
That 38 percent new-customer acquisition number is good news for the company, too. Overall in 2012, 40 percent of all iPhone sales went to new customers. Sprint sold 20 million smartphones in total during 2012.
Those 2.2 million iPhones sold last quarter represent an increase from the 1.5 million activated over the last three consecutive quarters.
There was bad news, too. Sprint lost US$0.44 per share in the fourth quarter, or $1.32 billion, despite the increased iPhone sales.
Sprint has announced its fourth-quarter earnings for 2012, which included the sale of 2.2 million iPhones. A full 38 percent of those...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station