Sprint sold best-ever 2.2M iPhones in holiday quarter
Sprint has announced its fourth-quarter earnings for 2012, which included the sale of 2.2 million iPhones. A full 38 percent of those went to new customers. Overall, Sprint sold 6.6 million iPhones in 2012, which isn't too shabby.
That 38 percent new-customer acquisition number is good news for the company, too. Overall in 2012, 40 percent of all iPhone sales went to new customers. Sprint sold 20 million smartphones in total during 2012.
Those 2.2 million iPhones sold last quarter represent an increase from the 1.5 million activated over the last three consecutive quarters.
There was bad news, too. Sprint lost US$0.44 per share in the fourth quarter, or $1.32 billion, despite the increased iPhone sales.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service