Evasi0n used to jailbreak 7 million devices in less than a week
Forbes talked to Jay Freeman, aka Saurik, who confirmed that the recent Evasi0n jailbreak is the most popular jailbreak in iOS history. According to Saurik, the utility was used to jailbreak more than 7 million devices in the four days since it was released earlier this week.
Freeman claims his Cydia jailbreak marketplace has been visited by an insane amount of traffic that includes 5.15 million iPhones, 1.35 million iPads and 400,000 iPod touches. iOS owners who used the Evasi0n tool can attest to this incredible amount of traffic as many could not connect to Cydia in the hours following the release of the jailbreak.
You can read more about the iOS 6 jailbreak and its rapid adoption rate in the original article on Forbes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter