Infinity Blade: Dungeons on hold as Epic shuts down studio
Announced alongside the third-generation iPad in March of last year, Epic Games' action-RPG spin-off of the Infinity Blade franchise still isn't out -- and, from the sound of things, we wouldn't count on it shipping anytime soon, if ever. As Joystiq reports, Epic is shuttering Impossible Studios, the developer of Infinity Blade: Dungeons, and putting the game "on hold."
In a blog post on the official Epic Games site, company founder Tim Sweeney commented: "It was a bold initiative and the Impossible folks made a gallant effort, but ultimately it wasn't working out for Epic." Interestingly, Sweeney also divulged that in addition to providing Impossible Studios staff with three months of severance pay, Epic will relinquish the studio name and logo in case the ousted employees wish to use it to form a new company.
Epic hasn't ruled out a future release of Infinity Blade: Dungeons, but Sweeney did say that Epic is trying to "figure out the future of the project."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app