Infinity Blade: Dungeons on hold as Epic shuts down studio
Announced alongside the third-generation iPad in March of last year, Epic Games' action-RPG spin-off of the Infinity Blade franchise still isn't out -- and, from the sound of things, we wouldn't count on it shipping anytime soon, if ever. As Joystiq reports, Epic is shuttering Impossible Studios, the developer of Infinity Blade: Dungeons, and putting the game "on hold."
In a blog post on the official Epic Games site, company founder Tim Sweeney commented: "It was a bold initiative and the Impossible folks made a gallant effort, but ultimately it wasn't working out for Epic." Interestingly, Sweeney also divulged that in addition to providing Impossible Studios staff with three months of severance pay, Epic will relinquish the studio name and logo in case the ousted employees wish to use it to form a new company.
Epic hasn't ruled out a future release of Infinity Blade: Dungeons, but Sweeney did say that Epic is trying to "figure out the future of the project."
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved